Monday, August 10, 2015

Movie Madness #1:Jurassic Park

I am starting this new thing, in which I watch a movie, and do a written commentary to go along with it. Let's see how this goes! Not sure how often I am going to do this (( if I set a schedule, I will never keep it))


First movie I picked was Jurassic Park ((Since I have seen it a million times))




**Begin Movie**

  • I love the jungle noises with the Universal Pictures logo comes up, sets the tone nicely,
  • I thought the cage was a dinosaur the first time I saw this movie, I didn't understand why the men just stood there, staring.
  • Well, that man is goner!
  • Somebody looks out of place ((Damn Lawyers XD))
  • "Watch your head." After Gennaro hits his head, that always makes me chuckle
  • I love the whole "Mosquito in Amber", not sure why
  • Finding  complete dinosaur skeleton, I am not an archaeologist, but I am pretty sure that very rarely happens in real life.
  • Don't touch the computers, Dr. Grant.
  • Hello, obnoxious child!
  • Remind me never have Dr, Grant teach my future kids about dinosaurs ((actual that would be awesome))
  • I do love the character growth with Grant's dealing with kids in this movie.
  • Just make yourself at home, mysterious old man!
  • Time to backtrack, Ellie!
  • "Spared no expense" #1
  • Bribery!! 
  • How to tell this guy is a jerk, he doesn't close the door of the car.
  • NEWMAN! (( oh wait wrong franchise)) 
  • " Dodgson! Dodgson! We got Dodgson here!" My grandmother and I quote that to each other all the time
  • I always felt bad for the person who got that pie!
  • God! John Williams music is amazing!
  • Hi Dr. Malcolm!
  • I want to learn the Chaos theory from Dr. Malcolm!
  • More beautiful music mixed with beautiful scenery!
  • Well, this vacation is starting out just wonderful, huh Alan.
  • Smart man! 
  • Kind of hard for him to do that, seeing how he will be DEAD!!
  • Speechless!
  • You're observant, Dr. Grant
  • I love how the driver just looks at Ian!
  • I always thought they would have fallen over at that point.
  • Apparently they have a T-Rex
  • "Welcome to Jurassic Park." Chills,every time!
  • I love all the buildings
  • "Don't you mean extinct?" **Groans**  Really, Ian?
  • I loved this little info dump when I was little
  • I bet archaeologists wish it was just as easy as in that animation
  • That's pretty long
  • "Auto-Erotica" I never got that as a kid.....
  • Oh Hello Henry!
  • Dawwww a baby Raptor.
  • I  can picture a similar scene with Owen (Jurassic World)
  • Girls Camp: Dinosaur style
  • "Life finds a way" love that line
  • Grant is having a fan boy moment.
  • Hammond is thinking "Shut Up, Robert!'
  • Oh, yes. I am starving!
  • "Spared No Expense" #2
  • I have to agree with Ian.
  • I would rethink things when the only person who is on your side is the "blood sucking lawyer"
  • Alan is thinking "Ah Crap. Kids! Time to go home"
  • "Spared No Expense" #3
  • "Following the leader, the leader, the leader, Following the leader wherever he goes!"
  • I am sure building in Orlando would have been cheaper ((though maybe not the taxes)), but what about the mountains? 
  • Hello Fury!! (( again wrong franchise))
  • I have to say, I have seen this movie (( and many others)) before I've seen any of the MCU movies, but man it is weird seeing Samuel L. Jackson without an eye patch!
  •  "God Help us! We are in the hands of engineers"  hehehe
  • "Spared No Expense" #4
  • Poisonous... that is a bad thing, right?
  • Dennis  the.... slob
  • "Women inherits the earth"
  • Timmy's "Excellent" cracks me up
  • I happen to agree with Ian again. 
  • I would how many people tried this little experiment 
  • I am always talking to myself
  • I would think locking mechanisms would have been a priority
  • I would have said the same thing, Dr. Grant.
  • "That is one big pile of shit" I giggle every time
  •  Oh don't worry it is going to get a lot worse
  • Ok Sir Rambles-a-lot
  • "Future Ex-Mrs. Malcolm" **Snort**
  • "Wheel Of Morality, turn turn turn. Tell us the lesson that we should learn."
  •  They stopped at the T-Rex paddock.... because of course!
  • Awww Dr. Malcolm is scared (( I will admit, I may have been as well))
  • After this movie, I try to make water shake in cups (and puddles).
  • There's the goat's leg....
  • Brave lawyer....
  • Oh crap!
  • I  jump every time she roars for the first time
  • I read that the kids weren't told that the glass roof was going to fall on them, so those screams were real
  • RUN!!!!!
  • I may be a bad person for this, but I always chuckle when Gennaro is picked up off the toilet.
  • 2 million.... that is a lot.
  • That's going to be a problem
  • Since I wear glasses, I tend to feel sympathetic when a character says "My glasses!", though Dennis is usually the exception
  • Sure, you will.
  •  Don't let Tim hear you say "Way too high".
  • "Never look down" Too Late
  • In extreme pain, Ian still full of sarcasm! Love it!
  • "Must go faster." The filmmakers on "Independence Day" dubbed that line in when David and Steven are escaping the mothership.
  • I think I remember reading these jokes in a cheesy kids joke book
  • No, you won't
  • I think I had some of those merchandises as a kid
  • Ice Cream: the perfect comfort food
  • I love this scene between Ellie and Hammond
  • "Spared No Expense" #5
  • That's one way to wake up in the morning
  • Playing tug-a-war! Too Cute
  • Ew!
  • I love Tim's "God Bless you!"
  • Eggs!
  • You would think the scientists would have thought of that.
  • Not the time to be gawking!
  • "Look how much blood" Oh Timmy
  • "The pirates don't eat the tourists" That would have been interesting
  • Just throw the blueprints on the injured man.
  • That's not good!
  • That was just mean.
  • I had a bad feeling with them climbing the fence
  • No I thought I had to pull it
  • I think I sounded like Lex when I first watched this "TIMMY!"
  • Gives a whole new meaning to "Talk to the hand"
  • I was sad when Robert died
  • But I have to admit he has one of the best last lines ever "Clever girl."
  • A buffet of sweets, any kids dream
  • Though Lex has a plate full of veggies
  • I know it was done on purpose but I love that the shadow of the raptor is near the painting of the raptor
  • You had to say it, Ellie
  • I always loved the kitchen scene
  • I was fooled with the whole reflection thing, with Lex
  • Hurry!
  • Well, no Duh!
  • I always like the DNA code on the Raptor, nice effect
  • T-Rex to the rescue!
  • I love how the "When Dinosaurs ruled the Earth" banner flutters down to the floor
  • I have to admit, despite everything, I do feel bad for Hammond
**End Movie**


Final thoughts:
This will always be one of my favorite movies. I can watch over and over, and it doesn't get old. I love how even though this movie is 22 years old, it still holds up, visual effects wise. The scinece may not be accurate, but it is a science FICTION story, so it doesn't really bother me. Though I do love that they explain,in Jurassic World, why the dinosaurs don't look accurate. 
Oh and of course the music! I absolutely love the soundtrack of this movie. I still get chills when I listen to it, either when watching the movie, or listening to the soundtrack by it self.


Any way that's it for now. What do you think? Should I do more of these, and if so do you have any suggestions on movies you want me to do? Or any other suggestions, I am always willing to listen.
At the moment, I am thinking of sticking to movies I have seen multiple times, though I may do movies that I am "Blind" or "Semi-Blind" to in the future.

Goodbye, for now!

No comments: